MARKET DRIVERS AND TRENDS
Sustainability, convenience, efficacy and going beyond the basic functions of cleaning to provide extra caring for the hands, clothes and surfaces are key trends impacting consumer demand and new product development in the HI&I market.
NEGATIVE FORECAST FOR LABOR-INTENSIVE PRODUCTS IN NORTH AMERICA, AND SIGNIFICANT OPPORTUNITY FOR UNIT DOSE DETERGENTS
The convenience of use of all purpose, multifunctional cleaners (especially in spray formats), and wipes makes these segments the fastest growing within the surface care market. In contrast, labor intensive products such as abbrasive tub and tile cleaners are set to experience sales declines.
“Convenience” is about delivering new user experiences through improved product functionality and creative design
The market opportunity in the unit dose laundry format is significant as sales grew nearly 80% in the 52 weeks ended Nov 3, 2013 according to Information Resources, Inc., Chicago. The unit dose formulas continue to progress with new concentrations, scents and formats that meet consumers desire for innovation, while providing performance advantages for high efficiency washing machines, which now account for 40% of market share in the US. The Dishwash market has also been a beneficiary of the concentrated, single-dose movement since this product type is helpful during busy laundry times, eliminating the need for measuring and providing effective cleaning power.
FOCUS ON THE ENVIRONMENTAL ASPECTS OF SUSTAINABILITY
Consumers are starting to realize that eco-responsibility is increasingly important, not only personally but at multiple levels of awareness. Green and natural in home care focuses on the environmental factor of sustainability as protecting our natural resources continues to be the main driver behind the growth of natural household care products.
The environmental fate of the ingredients and their impact on human health have propelled the interest and use of plant-based surfactants and biodegradable materials
Despite the fact that green remains relatively niche in the home care market as compared to the beauty care market, natural home care products are starting to move into the mainstream and continue to evolve in terms of advanced formulations, improved standards of efficacy and costs. However, consumer skepticism still exists about the effectiveness of natural home care products vs. traditional formulations. As a result, touting the environmental aspects of the products is only beneficial to your brand if they are supported by proven efficacy and safety profiles.
FORMULATION SOLUTIONS TO MEET MARKET TRENDS
FIND CERTIFIED AND NATURAL (NON-CERTIFIED) INGREDIENTS IN OUR WEBSITE:
In the top, right hand side menu, you can select ingredients by certification standard or by green attribute.
CONVENIENCE AND EFFICACY
Mirapol Surf N HSC – Effortless, long-lasting cleaning for modern surfaces
- Easier next time cleaning, anti re-soiling, fast drying due to water sheeting properties
- Anti-fog on surfaces including mirrors
- Shiny, spot-free and streak-free surfaces
DELIVERING SUPERIOR CLEANING POWER + SUSTAINABILITY PROFILE
REWOQUAT® CQ 100 G – Phosphate alternative
- Its remarkable cleaning power against organic soil means that it can often replace solvents or a solvent-based cleaner.
- Performance in hard water and cold temperature
- Phosphate alternative
Tegotens® SD 100 – For concentrated dishwash, unit-dose products
- Low foaming surfactant for automatic dish wash
- Reduce spotting, and that does not leave a bitter taste in dish wash applications as standard non-ionics do.
- 100% vegetable-based material
Tego® Sorb A 30 – For malodor removal
- Fast acting, long-lasting odor absorber, especially effective to remove unpleasant odors like cigarette smoke, sweat, garbage, pet smell, onion and garlic.
FORMULATING FOR THE GROWING FABRIC SOFTENERS MARKET
- 86% active, biodegradable
- Outstanding softening properties. Dispersions up to 20% can be readily prepared at ambient conditions. Imparts good anti static properties to cotton and synthetic fabrics.
CARING FOR THE HANDS
- Vegetable-based system with excellent mildness and moisturizing properties. Skin friendly and nitrogen free.
FORMULATING MULTI-FUNCTIONAL CLEANERS
- Multifunctional additive for spot, streak free cleaning.
- Speeds up the drying effect
- Levels fine scratches on surfaces
- Gloss and extra shine after cleaning
FORMULATING EFFECTIVE SPRAY APPLICATIONS
- Self-cleaning effect: Treated surfaces result in a nanostructured layer where the adhesion of dust and dirt is reduced to a minimum. Water is repelled from the surface and become dirt repellent and self cleaning when subjected to rain or rinsing with plain water
- All Purpose Cleaner with Rewocare® 755
- “Easier Next Time” Bathroom Cleaner with Rewocare® 755
- Car Polish with Tegotop® 105
- Carpet Cleaner with Odor Removal featuring Tego® Sorb A 30
- Drainage gel with malodor absorber – Tego® Sorb A 30
- Kitchen Cleaning Spray with Tegotens SD 100
- Leather Care Gel with Rewoderm® LI S 80
- Manual Dishwashing Gel with Rewoderm® LI S 80