ABIL® Wax 9801 is a liquid component which improves SPF response in W/O sun care emulsions based on organic or physical UV filters.
- ABIL® Wax 9801 is a liquid to waxy organopolysiloxane, which is synthesized by linking polydimethyl siloxanes with long chain hydrocarbons.
- Due to its unique chemical structure this product is interesting positioned between lipid-like organic substances and polydimethylsiloxanes (known as silicone oils).
- ABIL® Wax 9801 is soluble in all oils and waxes commonly used in cosmetics.
- The good spreadability and the emollient-effect of the ABIL® Waxes enable them to improve the application and skin care properties of formulations. They also can contribute to wash resistance.
- Due to its spreading effects on skin
ABIL® Wax 9801 will increase the effectivity of UV-filters in emulsions. Thus it is possible to reduce the level of UV-filters and maintain the SPF. The optimum ABIL® Wax type depends on the type or combination of UV-filters employed. For emulsions only based on either organic filters or on only physical filters ABIL® Wax 9801 is especially suitable.
- Improves pigment dispersion
- Enhances SPF response of sun protection creams and lotions