AEROSIL® R 972 V is a densified hydrophobic fumed silica after treated with DDS (Dimethyldichlorosilane) based on a hydrophilic fumed silica with a specific surface area of 130 m2/g.
- Silicone rubber
- Paints and coatings
- Printing inks and toner
- Cable compounds and gels
- Hydrophobic reinforcing component for HCR-silicone rubber.
- Water resistant, hydrophobising of liquid systems.
- Rheology control of (complex) liquid systems.
- For use in coatings as anti-settling agent, for pigment stabilization and improvement of corrosion protection.
- Improves hydrophobicity and rheology of offset printing inks.
- Reduced dust development.
- Improvement and maintenance of free flow and anti-caking characteristics of powders.
- Improved incorporation and handling when applying sufficient sheer forces.