AEROSIL® R 972 is a fumed silica after treated with DDS (Dimethyldichlorosilane).
- Silicone rubber and silicone sealants
- Paints and coatings
- Printing inks and toner
- Cable compounds and gels
- Plant protection
- Hydrophobic component for thickening and reinforcement of RTV-1 K silicone sealants.
- Improves shelf-life of silicone sealants.
- Water resistant, hydrophobising of liquid systems.
- Rheology control of (complex) liquid systems.
- For use in coatings as anti-settling agent, for pigment stablilization and improvement of corrosion protection.
- Improves hydrophobicity and rheology of offset printing inks.
- Improvement and maintenance of free flow and anti- caking characteristics of powders.
Thickens the oil phase.