AEROPERL® 300 is a specifically granulated hydrophilic fumed silica. In contrast to Evonik’s fine-particle core product AEROSIL®, AEROPERL® is a mechanically stable granulate consisting of spherical particles with an average size of about 30 micrometers (or 30 millionths of a meter). The highly porous granules of pure silicon dioxide are eminently suitable as carrier substances for active ingredients, fragrances, and flavors in liquid or paste form, or for other liquids that must be incorporated into powder formulations. AEROPERL® facilitates these kinds of manufacturing processes because its granular property makes it remarkably easy to handle.
Applications for AEROPERL® 300:
- Inert, high purity carrier and filler for personal care products.
- Inert, high purity carrier for other applications, e.g. catalysts and agriculture.
- Thermal isolation
Properties of AEROPERL® 300:
- Micro granulate with an average particle size of 30 µm
- Low dust development
- High adsorption capacity, fast uptake
- Low thickening of solvents
- Excellent free flow behavior
- Easy separations from liquids and gases
- High chemical purity