Versagel MP series of products are a gelled fatty ester made from isopropyl palmitate. Versagel® MP products are visually appealing and do not discolour with age. Isopropyl palmitate is an emollient ester that is derived from isopropyl alcohol and palmitic acid. Similar to hydrocarbon gels with similar chain length, these products have a long hydrophobic hydrocarbon chain that provides skin occlusivity. Additionally, they have a carboxylic functionality close to the end of the molecule to provide a drier and lighter skin feel.
They are easier and safer to handle and formulate than gels that use metal stearates or fumed silica. They can also provide fragrance retention in skin care products and furnish waterproofing properties to sunscreen products. Furthermore, they are hydrophobic, thermally reversible and without syneresis (oil bleed). These products can be utilized as suspension vehicles for fine particles or encapsulated liquids
Features & Benefits of Versagel MP Series
- Improves emulsion stability
- Excellent thermal and UV stability
- Versatile chemical compatibility
- Proven track record with gelled baby oil
- Clear, colourless, hydrophobic, thermally reversible, and without syneresis
- Creates a film barrier for added moisturization
- Delivers superior stabilization and suspension properties
- Compatible with common ingredients
- Easier and safer than gels made using metal stearates or fumed silica
- Provides enhanced fragrance retention and waterproofing properties
- Colour Cosmetics: lipstick, lip gloss, lip gel
- Skin Care: creams, lotions, face masks, oils
- Hair Care: treatments, serums, oils
- Sun Care
- MP 750
- MP 1600
Other recommended products from this supplier:
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Formulate Multi-Functional and Effective Sun Care Products!
For more information on Penreco’s Versagel Products, click here to check out the product brochure!
Isopropyl Palmitate (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer MP 750