This Sulfate-Free Exfoliating Gel with SIPERNAT® 2200 PC has spherical exfoliating particles combined with a mild sulfate-free texture.
The formulation features SIPERNAT® 2200 PC which is a micro-granular silica with spherical particles, low fines content and high absorption capacity. It is the eco-friendly solution for the replacement of polyethylene beads in exfoliating skin care formulations like shower gels and body cleansers.
|Phase||Trade Name||INCI Name||%|
|2||Sodium methyl 2-sulfolaurate, disodium 2- sulfolaurate||14.0|
|3||Aqua, sodium hydroxide||q.s|
|6||SIPERNAT® 2200 PC||Hydrated silica||4.0|
Procedure for Sulfate-Free Exfoliating Gel with SIPERNAT® 2200 PC
- Add the acrylates copolymer to the water while stirring
- Add phase 2 while stirring
- Neutralize with sodium hydroxide to pH 6.5 and continue gentle stirring for a futher 10 minutes
- Add all ingredients of phase 4, 5 and 6 while gentle stirring
- Check pH and if necessary adjust to 6.0 – 6.5 to improve transparency
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Ditching Microbeads: Sustainable Exfoliants Take Centerstage!
Formulation No. RO 4/7, 1707N3.05