Versagel® P 200 is a polymer modified crystallinity of petrolatum which allows more oil to be incorporated into the petrolatum. Visually appealing, odorless and does not discolor with age. It is easier and safer to handle and formulate than gels that use metal stearates or fumed silica.
Versagel P Series
Not available (from Glenn) in the following state(s):
Versagel P Series are products that combine highly purified, USP-grade, white petrolatum with block copolymers to enhance the occlusivity that naturally accompanies all petrolatum products. Even though petrolatum is considered the best occlusive agent available, Penreco’s studies indicate that gelled petrolatum outperforms ungelled petrolatum in reducing Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL). These Versagel products also exhibit excellent thermal and UV stability, as well as versatile chemical compatibility.
Penreco’s Versagel Technology is used in a wide range of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and personal care products all over the world. The patented system for thickening and gelling hydrocarbon materials offers an infinite number of customized rheological properties.
Features & Benefits of Versagel P Series
- Enhances occlusivity
- Clear, colorless (does not discolor with age)
- Hydrophobic and thermally reversible without syneresis
- Available in multiple viscosity ranges and compatible with many common ingredients
- Easier and safer than gels made using metal stearates or fumed silica
- Provides enhanced fragrance retention and waterproofing properties
- Color Cosmetics
- lipstick, lip balm, lip gloss, illuminator, foundation, blush
- Skin Care
- lotions, creams, balms, butters, moisturizers, scrubs/exfoliators, rash guard, body wash
- Hair Care
- moisturizers, pomade, styling products, treatments
- Health Care
- scar treatment, topicals, ointments, wound-healing products, pain relief
- diapers and paper products
Other recommended products from this supplier:
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Anti-Blue Light: The Digital Dilemma!
Petrolatum (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer