VARISOFT® EQ 65 MB is a readily biodegradable ester quat with excellent conditioning performance. It improves the conditioning properties of wet and dry hair and can also act as an emulsifier providing a sensory profile typical of cationic emulsions.
Conditioners including VARISOFT® EQ 65 MB have a very rich and creamy appearance. In a cream rinse treatment, this ester quat showed an excellent rinseability and was more easily rinsed out of hair when compared to Behentrimonium Chloride (VARISOFT® BT 85 Pellets), a high-performance conditioning agent.
This product can be dispersed in water at approximately 75°C. The addition of nonionic emulsifiers such as Ceteareth-25 would improve the processability of this product in water.
Features & Benefits of VARISOFT® EQ 65 MB
- Improved compatibility
- Soft and smooth hair feel
- Readily biodegradable
- Substantive to hair and skin
- Improves detangling
- Provides good wet feel of hair
- Superior dry combing and dry feel of hair
- Substantive to the skin for good water resistance
- Cationic emulsifier for skin care emulsions
- Contributes to the production of certified sustainable palm oil according to the rules set out by RSPO Mass Balance Supply Chain Model
- Hair Conditioning (rinse-off and leave-in)
- Skin care creams and lotions
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Anti-Blue Light: The Digital Dilemma!
VARISOFT® EQ 65 INCI:Distearoylethyl Dimonium Chloride; Cetearyl Alcohol