The VERSAGEL® MG T series offers an alternative to silicones for formulating personal care products when a silky, elegant after-feel is desired. The VERSAGEL® MG T line is based on hydrogenated polydecene combined…
Versagel® MG T Series
Not available (from Glenn) in the following state(s):
The Versagel® MG T Series series offers an alternative to silicones for formulating personal care products when a silky, elegant after-feel is desired. The Versagel® MG T Series line is based on hydrogenated polydecene combined with Penreco’s patented gel technology. The gellant system for the MG T series is comprised of proprietary synthetic polymers which allow the gels to be clear, stable, and thermally reversible and is BHT free.
Previous studies on the VERSAGEL® technology have shown that Penreco’s gelled products offer superior moisturization when compared to neat products. As with all VERSAGEL® products, the film-forming, moisturizing, and suspension capabilities of the MG T gels is virtually unparalleled.
Features & Benefits of Versagel MG Series
- Enhances occlusivity
- Clear, colourless (does not discolour with age)
- Hydrophobic and thermally reversible without syneresis
- Available in multiple viscosity ranges and compatible with many common ingredients
- Easier and safer than gels made using metal stearates or fumed silica
- Provides enhanced fragrance retention and waterproofing properties
- Improves emulsion stability
- Offers superior moisturization when compared to neat products
- Unparalleled film-forming and suspension capabilities
- Proven track record with gelled baby oil
- Color Cosmetics
- lipstick, lip gloss, lip balm, lip oil, mascara, eyeshadow, powder/blush/bronzer, foundation, concealer
- Skin Care
- gels, oils, creams/lotions, cleansers, masks/peels
Versagel® MG T Series comes in three viscosity grades:
- Versagel MG 500T (Preserved with Tinogard TT )
- Versagel MG 750T (Preserved with Tinogard TT )
- Versagel MG 1600T (Preserved with Tinogard TT )
Check out this product in action in the formulation below:
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Anti-Blue Light: The Digital Dilemma!
For more information on Penreco’s Versagel Products, click here to check out the product brochure!
Hydrogenated Poly (C6-14 Olefin) (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer and Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamte.
Versagel MG 500 T , Versagel MG 750 T , Versagel MG 1600 T