No Mess Clear Sunscreen Stick features VersastiqueTM Clear ME 5 T, a solid gel base that makes it easy to apply sunscreen. This formulation glides on clear, locks in moisture and is perfect for kids, sports and on-the-go sun protection. The SPF is estimated to be 20*.
Suggested Use: Apply liberally and at least 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply at least every 2 hours, immediately after towel drying and 30 minutes after swimming.
*This formulation has not been tested for SPF and is for experimental use only. User assumes all risks.
|Phase||Supplier||Trade Name||INCI Name||%||Function|
|A||Calumet Penreco||Versastique Clear ME 5T||
|71.3||Clear Stick Base|
||Butyloctyl Salicylate||5.0||SPF Booster|
|Evonik||TEGOSOFT® AC||Isoamyl Cocoate||2.0||Emollient|
|Lonza||Geogard® LSA||Butylene Glycol (and) Benzyl Alcohol (and) Sorbic Acid (and) Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (and) Lauryl Alcohol (and) Myristyl Alcohol||1.5||Preservative|
||Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Tocopherol||0.10||Emollient|
No Mess Clear Sunscreen Stick
1. Add Phase A and heat to 120ºC while mixing.
2. Begin Cooling and slowly add Phase B ingredients in the order listed, mixing well in between additions.
3. At 90 ºC, add phase C and mix until uniform.
4. Pour Phase A/B into packaging at 90 ºC and allow to cool in packaging.
5. Let cool completely before capping and storing away.