Versagel® MN Series gels give great versatility and distinctive, elegant feel. The polymer system provides lubricity and conditioning, while the ester base offers non-greasy emolliency. The polymer matrix enables fine particles to be…
Versagel® MN Series
Not available (from Glenn) in the following state(s):
Versagel® MN Series f products are anhydrous clear gels that provide versatility and a distinctive, elegant feel. The polymer system in Versagel® MN products provides lubricity and conditioning, while the ester base, isononyl isononanoate, offers non-greasy emolliency. Due to the polymer matrix in the gel, these materials enable fine particles, such as color pigments, to be readily suspended or dispersed with minimal settling and agglomeration. These products also exhibit good thermal and UV stability and silicone solubilization.
Penreco’s Versagel Technology is used in a wide range of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and personal care products all over the world. The patented system for thickening and gelling hydrocarbon materials offers an infinite number of customized rheological properties.
Depending on the application, the suggested use level may range from 5% to 60%. These gels should be blended with the rest of the ingredients in the oil phase of the formulation, while the nonpolar or less polar ingredients are added to the gel first. The gels are compatible with most nonionic surfactants, cyclomethicone, phenyl trimethicone, and other synthetic and natural emollients.
Features & Benefits of Versagel MN Series
- Clear, colorless (does not discolor with age)
- Hydrophobic and thermally reversible without syneresis
- Available in multiple viscosity ranges and compatible with many common ingredients
- Easier and safer than gels made using metal stearates or fumed silica
- Provides enhanced fragrance retention and waterproofing properties
- Color Cosmetics
- lipstick, lip polish, lip stain, lip gloss, lip balm, eye & brow shadow, bronzer, foundation
- Skin Care
- face serums, depilatory cream, scrubs/exfoliators, texture, and tone moisturizer
- Sun Care
- Versagel MN 750 (Preserved with BHT )
- Versagel MN 1600 (Preserved with BHT )
Other recommended products from this supplier:
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Anti-Blue Light: The Digital Dilemma!
For more information on Penreco’s Versagel Products, click here to check out the product brochure!
Isononyl Isononanoate (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer
Versagel MN 750, Versagel MN 1600