NATERNAL™ EXCEL SGI, previously known as JAGUAR EXCEL SGI, provides good substantivity together with no build-up on hair. It allows the development of transparent foaming formulations, thanks to its good compatibility with anionic and amphoteric surfactants commonly used in personal care products. JAGUAR EXCEL SGI provides excellent wet-combing and wet-feel properties. It enhances as well the deposition of actives such as silicones, oils, anti-dandruff agents on hair. This product is ideal for transparent or opaque conditioning shampoos and cream rinses for colored or damaged hair.
Recommended use levels: 0.1 – 0.3%
Note: Viscosity develops within 15 minutes after NATERNAL™ EXCEL SGI has been dispersed into water under stirring. More rapid viscosity development can be obtained by acidifying to pH 3,5-5 (with citric acid, for example).
Solvay’s proprietary NATERNAL™ line of modified natural polymers are an evolving line of powdered natural derivatives covering functions as diverse as hair conditioning, active delivery, formulation thickening, and skin feel.
For more information on Solvay’s NATERNAL™ Line of products, check out the Brochure!
Sustainable guar sourcing for a better life
Since 2015, Solvay’s Sustainable Guar Initiative has aimed to empower farmers with tools and knowledge for cultivating their crops. The program includes training in climate-smart agricultural practices to improve and stabilize guar yield and increase soil fertility. It also allows an overall improvement in climate preparedness and the region’s resilience.
Our program improves the livelihood of guar bean farmers by ensuring income durability and protecting local resources while considering the impact climate change has on their activities.
Features & Benefits of NATERNAL™ EXCEL SGI
- Purified guar derivative providing hair conditioning benefits
- Suitable for baby shampoo formulations
- Suitable for clear, silicone-free solution
- Hair Care
- Increased deposition and substantivity to hair
- Controlled delivery of water-insoluble substances
- Exceptional conditioning properties at lower usage levels
- Excellent wet/dry hair combing and detangling
- Body Care
- Reduced skin stiffening caused by surfactants
- Restored skin’s pH buffering effects are 5 times faster
- Increased deposition and substantivity to skin
- Enhancement of foam sensorial attributes
- Hair Care
- Shampoo, conditioner, mask, treatments, hair colorants
- Body Cleansing
- Shower products, facial cleansers, feminine hygiene
- Skin Care
- Face and neck care, body care, eye care, sun care, hand/nail/foot care
- Health & Hygiene
- Deodorants, personal insect repellents
Other recommended products from this supplier:
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Anti-Blue Light: The Digital Dilemma!
NATERNAL™ EXCEL SGI INCI: Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride