Versagel®MD Series: Patented gelled synthetic hydrocarbon ideal for delivering pigments and other solid materials or for any application that requires quick set-up and fast-drying anhydrous systems. The gels are clear, thermally stable and UV stable.
Versagel MD Series
Not available (from Glenn) in the following state(s):
Versagel MD Series are fast-drying and transfer-resistant gels. The gelled Isododecane (C12 isoparaffin) of Versagel® MD provides a highly volatile emollient with a light, non-greasy and low residue skin feel. These gels are an ideal vehicle for delivering pigments and other solid materials in quick-set/fast-dry anhydrous applications. With a low viscosity and density, Versagel MD products have high spreadability and are used as a film former for applications that require transfer resistance. Making this ingredient ideal to incorporate in a Mask wearing world!
The gels have excellent clarity which allows unique items such as glitter, wax beads, and other materials to be suspended. It is thermally stable and UV stable as well as compatible with most chemical ingredients including, cyclomethicone and phenyl trimethicone; however, the viscosity of the gel may be decreased significantly.
Penreco’s Versagel Technology is used in a wide range of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and personal care products all over the world. The patented system for thickening and gelling hydrocarbon materials offers an infinite number of customized rheological properties.
Features & Benefits of Versagel MD Series
- Enhances occlusivity
- Clear, colorless (does not discolor with age)
- Hydrophobic and thermally reversible without syneresis
- Available in multiple viscosity ranges and compatible with many common ingredients
- Easier and safer than gels made using metal stearates or fumed silica
- Provides enhanced fragrance retention and waterproofing properties
- Improves emulsion stability
- Fast drying and transfer-resistant hydrocarbon gel
- Provides quick set-up and long-lasting effects
- Ideal vehicle for pigments and colorants delivery
- Proven track record with gelled baby oil
- Colour Cosmetics
- mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, eyeshadow, face/body paint, blush, bronzer, foundation, setting lotions and primers, body glitter
- Skin Care
- serums, gels, oils, lotions, creams, scrubs, balms, makeup remover, hand cleansers
- Hair Care
- serums, oils, styling products, conditioners, creams
Versagel MD Series is available in the following grades:
- Versagel MD 500 (Preserved with BHT)
- Versagel MD 1600 (Preserved with BHT)
Other recommended products from this supplier:
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Anti-Blue Light: The Digital Dilemma!
For more information on Penreco’s Versagel Products, click here to check out the product brochure!
Isododecane (and) Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer
Versagel MD 500, Versagel MD 1600